Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netbackup 5.1 can't connect to client anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

lherchr

IS-IT--Management
Apr 8, 2005
CA
Hi,
I have a server here who can't connect to the master. It work fine before, and then, we reboot the client and after that i can't connect to this specific client(W2K server). The policy got a time out after 2 try and the only message that i have is :"The Bpstart_notifiy on the client took too long". However, I can connect to the client in the host properties of my master.

Netbackup 5.1 on a W2k3 server
Netbackup 5.1 client on a W2K server

Anny idea would be welcome....

Yo, you got a bpstart_notify.bat or .cmd (I forgot the extension) script at \NetBackup\bin on the client. Rename that and retry. If you need the script, increase the timeouts.

Lata

Thanks for the information, without the bpstartnotify everything's fine. I found that the problem was with the "Net stop Mcshield" command in the script. Something have change with Mcshield because the command was waiting for a yes or no. This wasn't the case before, maybe an update of Mcshield... However, I add a /y to the command and everything's fine.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back