Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netapp F760 problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

samurai123

Technical User
Sep 26, 2005
US
Hello,

I have 2 such storage boxes and new to this. I just tried to power them up and it says "NVRAM battery bad" "Replace NVRAM batteries". and just locked up at ok prompt. It does allow me to enter any commands.

these boxes were shutdown for months I guess.
Does anyone can help me here? Where I can find the documents/manuals of this box?

I want to use these boxes to use the storage box. Not sure where I can find the parts p/n or any other h/w information

Thanks in advance

Hi again,

I just observed that one of the F760 ask for a password before going to "ok" prompt and hung thereafter. I don't know what that password is and what for. Is there anyway to get rid of that password or reset it by some means?

Thanks

it appears that the one asking for a password could be coredumping.
Parts should be ordered through a reseller of Netapp,or Netapp directly( if the boxes aren't under maintenance anymore ).Find the phonenumbers for your local netapp office on Documentation can be found on now.netapp.com ( you will have to create an account ).

Thanks a lot RMGBELGIUM. That was a great help about the NOW.

Do you know what are causes to make it corecump ? Is there any default password in this case? What this password is all about?

I see a diagnostic port. Is that something would be used to know. I don't know how to use it like commands etc.

I guess I can get part list etc through NOW.

Thanks for your great help so far.

Please be advised.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back