Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netapp 5300, cifs volume for Windows server issue, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

blade1000

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2009
US
all-

Generally over 80% of my Windows 2003 servers are able to have a cifs mount work without problems, yet every now and then I configure a Windows 2003 server and I juat cant seem to figure out why I cant mount a cifs volume..

the cifs mount is created on NETAPP storage appliance so at the Windows 2003 server -normally you just go to Start/Run, and type //thefilerbox/mounted volume (this is just an example of the unc I use of course...

Most all of my servers allow me to use my credentials that were created on NetApp and then I have my mounted storage volume.. I am not even sure if I need to post this in the Netapp forum... half my team thinks its a quirky Windows issue with a service pack or something and the other half think its something not adjusted in Netapp..

So I will post this in the Windows 2003 server forum too but has anyone experienced this at all??

thanks for any info, I can't find anything conclusive on Google...

blade

Hi xmsre

the unit is N5300 and OnTap I believe is 7.2...

Have you seen this situation before bud?

thanks
blade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back