Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netapi32.dll error when Windows Explorer opens

Status
Not open for further replies.

techwtr

MIS
Oct 13, 2003
US
I have a folder on my desktop that points to a location on another server that I have to paste a file into each week. Now that I just installed Windows SP2 on my machine each time I open the folder I get a unexpected Windows error has occured. When I click here to see what the file was that caused issue, it was NETAPI32.dll.

I have deleted the folder and put a new one back thinking the old one might have been corrupted. That hasn't helped. In order for me to do the weekly paste of a file, I have to open two Windows Explorer and copy original file from one window and paste it in the other windows explorer screen that is open. If anyone has ideas on this I would appreciate it. I haven't found anything in Microsoft on this yet.

Is your file version correct on the SP2 machine? [netapi32.dll version 5.1.2600.2180 324 KB (332,288 bytes)]

Are there any other errors mentioned in the Event Viewer?

Is the SP2 firewall (on by default) interfering?

SP2 - Microsoft Support is Free for SP2 Issues
thread779-923312

Thanks. I will check in the morning to see what version I am running on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back