Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.Net with crystal deployment error : Cannot find KeycodeV2.dll, or inv

Status
Not open for further replies.

svkumsani

Programmer
Feb 2, 2006
US
I am using VS.Net 2003 and crystal reports 9.0. My code is working and I deployed into my dev web server which accidently has both VS.Net 2003 installation as well as crystal reports 9.0 in it. My code is working fine in dev web server. I am trying to deploy my code into a prod web server, I am getting Cannot find KeycodeV2.dll, or invalid keycode. Could anyone throw some light here? Prod web server has crystal reports 9.0 installed and has .Net Framework 1.1 as well as 2.0 in it.

Fear not! This is a common issue, and the resolution can befound at the following links:

Err Msg: "Cannot find keycodev2.dll or invalid keycode" appears in VS .NET

Err Msg: "Invalid or missing Keycodev2.dll" when deploying a .NET application

One of these should get you going. Post back if you have nay more problems.

I used to rock and roll every night and party every day. Then it was every other day. Now I'm lucky if I can find 30 minutes a week in which to get funky. - Homer Simpson

Arrrr, mateys! Ye needs ta be preparin' yerselves fer Talk Like a Pirate Day! Ye has a choice: talk like a pira

I am still getting the same error. I have already found those links when I was browsing for this problem and I checked and made sure that I have implemented their suggestions. Onething I found is I don't see any merge module files(*.msm) for CR in that hard drive in the prod web server. How to install those files? In my project I have created a web project where I included all the msm files and installed it on the prod web server. But I am still getting the same error. Could you please help me in solving this problem.

Are you actually running an installation program to install the app? The .msm files should be on the machine you used to develop the app, and should beincluded in an installation program.

You probably can make an installation program just to install the necessary filed on the prod server. I'll look into it and let you know.

I used to rock and roll every night and party every day. Then it was every other day. Now I'm lucky if I can find 30 minutes a week in which to get funky. - Homer Simpson

Arrrr, mateys! Ye needs ta be preparin' yerselves fer Talk Like a Pirate Day! Ye has a choice: talk like a pira

I believe that is what I did by creating an web setup project where I included all the .msm files.

If you could find a resource to see how to make an installation program which jusst to install necessary files on the prod server, that would be great. Thanks for your help in this.

When you included the .msm files in your setup project, did you enter the license key for crystal reports in Crystal_regwiz2003.msm?

Also, if we can't resolve this here you can try searching and/or posting in the Business Objects: Crystal Reports 3 Integrate forum at this link: forum768. That forum deals with CR problems like this one (among others), and I believe this issue - or something similar - has been discussed there many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back