Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.NET vs MFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vladibo

Programmer
Sep 14, 2003
CA
I am wondering is there any popular windows program written with .NET? Like Office or something like that. Is it (.NET) already widely used or everybody still uses MFC?

Hi,
Don't have much expirience with .net just with c c++ VB assembly and java. I believe the main advantages with .net are for distruted aplication developement. I think .net uses the Microsoft version of a virtual machine concept. That way the same source code gets interpreted on different platforms once they have the interprter running. So more processing power is used up and less time is spent writting the code and maintaining it.
I don't know what apps are written in .net but most widely distributed apps are coded in c or c++ and then optimized with assembly.
I hope that helps a little and if anyone has different information please correct me.
Andy

Not at this time and I think Office will continue to be developped using MFC as this MFC Framework is part of the C++.NET.
-obislavu-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back