Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.NET version

Status
Not open for further replies.

BasicBoy

Programmer
Feb 22, 2008
ZA
I am developing with Visual Studio Express 2012 for Web.
My web hosting company says that my solution/project is compiled in .NET 3.5 and they want it to be .NET 4.0. How can I change that.

Thanks

Do you have the 4.0 framework on your development machine?
In the web.config, change the tagetframe work to 4.0 or above.

Thanks jbenson001,
I have framework 4.5 installed
There is not a target entry in my web.config file. Can you please send me an entry, which I presume must come under the section 'compilation'. In fact under compilation there are a lot of entries which says 3.5 - must I change all?
Thanks
PK

Here is an example:
Code:
    <compilation defaultLanguage="vb"
                 debug="false"
                 targetFramework="4.5">
      <assemblies>
        <add assembly="System.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
        <add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
        <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
        <add assembly="System.Speech, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
        <add assembly="System.Transactions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
      </assemblies>
    </compilation>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back