Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

net use won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

tecknic

MIS
Jan 23, 2003
CA
Hi all,

I have a batch file that stop services, map to a share drive and then copy somes files.

now when I run that batch file manually everything goes trought. when I schedule it, the batch run but doesn't create it's network connection!????

the share exist on the server.
user has right to connect.
Like I said manually it goes fine.

any ideas what is wrong?

regards,

Nic

Are you scheduling with the AT command or using task scheduler?

I'm using AT.
It an NT 4.0 sp6a will all security patchs.

Normally 'at' or task scheduler run under the service account- so if a drive is mapped, the current user or even administrator will se the results because you are not logged in as the service account.

Solution- try adding the switch- /interactive on your 'at' command then you will see the actual task run on the screen and should run under the logged in user- for more info type- at /? at a prompt.

I get an "system error 1312. a specified logon session does net exist."
It just doesn't want to map. My user is good, my password is good and share is good. I can connect manually using the same line in the batch file.

The destination server.. in the security log I don't see any attempt of connection from the client???!!! so the client doesn't really try to connect.

any ideas?

Try passing the user ID and password with the mapping command. Sounds like the local System account does not have rights to the remote share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back