Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.NET Uninstall problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

arangel

IS-IT--Management
Apr 1, 2005
US
Hi ALL,

Has anybody ever had the problem of trying to un-install .NET Framework 1.1 for their Win 2003 server? Currently, we're having a nightmare trying to un-install/re-install .NET framework from this server. We have tried search and research and tried you possibility can to do uninstall/re-install but to no success. We are frustrated and would not like to reload OS from scratch. BTW, it services our OWA customers and is the reason we hate to do over.

Any ideals or hints of how to approach this dilemma?

TIA

Before jumping through a lot of hoops on that, why are you trying to reinstall it in the first place? What problems were you having with it?

I hope you find this post helpful. Please let me know if it was.

Regards,

Mark

Mark,

Thanks for replying to my inquiry. The reason we’re trying to uninstall .NET Framework 1.1 is because we cannot install a “patch” required. Every time we try installing the patch we receive errors. I don’t have the errors at this time since I’m not at work. But I will make sure I get the errors to post in this thread.

TIA

Will keep an eye out for your posting.

I hope you find this post helpful. Please let me know if it was.

Regards,

Mark

Mark,

It seems there are no errors only that we can not install the patch for .NET Framework 1.1. Reason for us trying to uninstall it...

TIA

Which patch? Are you sure the reason you can't install is not because you have a more recent version already?

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back