Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NET TIME SYNC PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moscerino

Technical User
Nov 7, 2001
RU
Hi all

I've a problem in my Windows 2000 server domain.

I've 4 domain controllers, and about 12 servers in my domain. I set a time syncronization, setting PDC1 as sntp server and making the following command on each server:

net time /setsntp:pdc1

But when a do the command net time on each server I receive:

current time on \\pdc3 is...
the command completed succesfully.

I forced pdc3 to don't release time, modifying a registry key, but appears to be the sntp server even if I set pdc1 as it.

Obviously, if I make net time /set, the server try to sync the time with pdc3... but if I make net time /querysntp, the system response is "the current sntp value is: pdc1" so it's right!!!

Could someone help me please??

Thanks a lot..

Mosce

Try this , it works for me NT/2000 domain
NET TIME \\server /set /y

this does not use a time server but sync's all machines to the same time if you add thline NET TIME \\server /set /y
to the logon script

thank you ger2111, but I would like to know why I set sntp server as PDC1 and when I do NET TIME command, I see that the server is sync with PDC3...

I've tried your command, but (like you told me) it sync the machine at the moment, without using a sntp server...

Even if I try to force PDC1 as sntp server.. the situation doesn't change!!

Mosce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back