Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

net time on domain controller showing wrong time zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekITupSum

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2008
US
I am having trouble with 2 different domains all running windows 2000 and domain trust. I am in the process of trying to use ADMT to migrate users from Domain A to Domain B (domain B being the new domain)

in ADMT it gives me an error saying:

The clock on the client and server are skewed

When i do a Net time \\domainAcontroller it shows:
Current time at \\domainAcontroller is 3/12/2009 8:59am

local time GMT-05:00 at \\domainAcontroller is 3/12/2009 9:59

well both of these domains are located in the central time zone GMT-06:00 and when i check the time zone under DATE/TIME under controll panel the time zones are set correctly.

why is my net time showing the wrong time zone on any of the domain contollers in Domain A?

do a w32tm /tz and verify your time zone. If incorrect, then change it within the GUI of windows clock.

that command shows the correct time zone, just like it does on my clock as stated above

then do a net time /querysntp to make sure it is pointing at the PDC Emulator or at the same External Time source.

you may need the Time Zone Editor for Windows 2000

Sroll down until you find the link for the download. These were rolled out in 2007 to help administrators fix the "new DST" issues

ntp server is set

and the tzedit.exe shows correct time zone

when you clicked on edit for that time zone was it showing -6:00GMT?

The clock on the client and server are skewed"

Are you running ADMT from a workstation or directly from the DC?

Whole bunch of leads here:

I believe the Daylight Savings Time is messing with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back