Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Net Sheild 4.5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHalls

IS-IT--Management
Mar 17, 2001
GB
Hi.

A weird one this. I am trying to install Netsheild on on of our NT Servers. I have installed it on our "k servers and that all went ok. I am installing this from a netwaork share. It not a push or anything like that. I am simply going to the mapped share and running the install exe.

When I do I get and error. I will list it below.

"Error 1324 The Path My Pictures Contains and invalid Character"

Well very odd indeed. There is no DIR called My Pictures anywhere on the server. All help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Jason Halls
IT Contractor
IT Manager

Did you have any luck finding a solution to this one ?
The only way I can get around this problem is to 'run as' domain admin from the logged in users machine.
Makes no sense, as our domain users have full admin access to their machines anyway.

Nope no luck getting a solution. Im not supprised tho. I have posted a couple of bits in these forums and if it is more than how do I log on in win 95 you get no responce. These forums seem to be watched by techie wanna bees that know very little indeed.

I have seen some very silly arguments on these forums about the most basic of tasks. Seems most people here seem to quote from books rather than knowing.

I dont post here anymore it's a waste of time.

Thnaks for asking tho. You are the first person to respond to any of my problems ever. Good luck in your search.

JHalls Jason Halls
IT Contractor
IT Manager

Try copying the installer locally to the server rather than from a shared resource. It may be that that My Pictures directory is present in the shared resource's machine.

Hope this helps.

OK..Here is something that may work. You say the erro is related to a folder called My Pictures which does not exist. The error msg is probably incorrect as well. The My Pics folder is probably a default scan requirement therefore create a folder called My Pictures in the default location. This way McAfee will find it, index it for default scanning and you should be able to install your software OK.

Hope this help,
John.

It sounds like that should work. I got this same error when a "My Pictures" folder was moved to a CD RW and the disk was not in the drive. Moving the folder back to the hard drive solved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back