Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NET SEND Client for 95/98 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

meastaugh1

Technical User
Apr 21, 2002
Hiya

Does anyone know if there's a freeware client that will allow 95/98 clients to receive NET SEND messages from NT/2000 servers.

Sorry, didn't make it clear.

I need them only to be able to receieve messages (and preferably one that isn't visibele to the user unless a message is receieved). It's in a school environment, in the past students have just used it to chat to each other, so we had to remove it.

I need to be able to broadcast to a number of clients, for example "Please log off now, service will shutdown in 10 minutes" etc etc.

Any other suggestions?

Hi,

I was after this last week, and a nice guy called Mike O'toole from here mailed me a small program that does the job as you say.

If you send us an email at russellm@ciaalarms.co.uk or post yours here I will forward it to you.

Hi Grenage

Could you forward me the software, i have already mailed u at the email address emntioned above.

Venky

Thanks, Thanks, and Thanks again Grenage

That's the stuff i have been looking for a very very long time.

Venky

Hi Grenage,

A small problem still exists. On a WAN environment, it seems that the s/w does not work. did you face and prob of the same kind and are there any remedy.
Let me know
Thanks

Yeah small problem with it is that on 98 machines in particular it shows an error message.

Nice little app though.

ah, not getting any jip on the 98 machines here, are you all patched up ?

hi grenage,
i dont get any problem with win 98 machines on LAN. but as i said on WAN it does not seem to work. but when the same msg is sent on WAN using winpopup on the other end, it works fine. check out and let me know, if there is any way out.

Hi Grenage,

i am using the following command

NET SEND <USERNAME> <MSG>

Venky

Hmm, wonder if it has any problems regarding subnet.

If you use: NET SEND <IP> <MESSAGE>

does this go through?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back