Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.NET Runtime error

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOSA

MIS
May 29, 2003
US
Greetings everyone. I have a Windows XP SP2 computer that I am getting this .net runtime error numerous time each day.

Source:.NET Runtime
Event ID: 0

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( .NET Runtime ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Unable to open shim database version registry key - v2.0.50727.00000.

All the articles I found were dealing with getting this error when running ASP.NET app on the network...but we don't run any ASP.NET applications here.

Does anybody have an idea why I am getting this error message and how to resolve it?

Thank you.

Is this possibly a .NET install that got messed up in some way? You might try either repairing or better uninstalling it (especially if no ASP .NET apps are being used).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back