Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Net Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

BikerGal

Programmer
Jul 12, 2002
GB
I am using Windows 2000 Professional on a company machine. I did not install it. I am unable to share my desktop/application as this option is greyed out in Net Meeting. Also when I try to start Net Meeting I am told 'Net Meeting could not start. Please, restart your machine and try again'. Restarting has no effect the only way I can get it open is to go into Services on the control panel and stop 'NetMeeting remote desktop sharing' this is set to automatic. I tried setting it to manual and it works the first time you try after log on but it does not stop when you exit net meeting so the second time around it does not work.

thanks

BikerGal, I hope you don't mind but I have a follow on question for all of you Netmeeting experts? When I try to activate remote desktop sharing to be able to access my computer from home I get the following in a popup box:

mnmsrvcs.exe has generated errors and will close.

There are no error codes. I have searched and cannot find any help on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back