Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

net folder calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

papy

Programmer
Jun 12, 2001
IT
First of all excuse my poor english...

I have just installed a net folder to share a calendar from the boss and his assistant...
why when I add a new appointment on the boss pc at 9.00 I read on the assistant pc this appointment fixed at 10.00 ??
I add on assistant pc an appointment at 17.00 and I read on the boss pc this appointment fixed at 16.00 ????
either the boss pc and the assistant pc have the same setting for time and date...

[glasses]

I have had the same problem. It seems to have happened since we upgraded the users who are sharing there calendar to windows xp.
Both machines have same time and date
I have not been able to finda fix as yet

Greetings.

I think that the problem originates from one of the computers being on daylight savings time, while the other isn't. I suppose that the time zones could be off as well. But, to fix this, just go to start/settings/control panel/ date time. Next, select the time zone tab. In this box you can adjust your time zone, and allow/disallow the automatic use of daylight savings time.

Hope this solves your problems!

If you are using MS Outlook, you need to be aware that it has two timezones. This problem can occur if the second timzone (even if is not enabled) is set to daylight saving. If this is the problem, then all you need to do is enable the second timezone, untick the daylight saving box, and then disable the timezone again.

Chris

It worked yesterday.
It doesn't work today.
That's Windows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back