Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Net Express 3.0 ODBC problems with Excel Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

canpay1

Programmer
Sep 21, 2005
CA
Please bear with me as I am a newbie to using forums but I am hoping that someone could assist me with a problem I am having. We currently use NetExpress 3.0 to develop our software and in our app we are adding a feature to allow end users the ability to import data into our database (ISAM) via ODBC connectivity. Where I am running into a problem is at the point where we perform the "exec sql execute dynamic_sql end-exec" statement. Up to this point the procedures and links to the database file (in this case an Excel file) seem to be fine and do not return error codes. We prepare an import_temp table and write out the header record, yet when we perform the execute as mentioned above the table cannot be found. The table is included in the same Excel file where we write the import_temp table so I know my ODBC connectivity is working. Any thoughts as to why this may be happening?

You really use the same Excel file ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back