Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.NET Crystal and XSD Datasets

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgayb

Programmer
Oct 2, 2002
US
I had to write a stored procedure which dynamically builds the select statement within the SQL Server stored procedure based on parameters passed into the stored proc.

The stored proc works just fine but the problem is that I cannot create an xsd schema within VB.Net since the stored proc is dynamically created and consequently when I drag and drop the stored proc using the Server Explorer no schema gets created. I then created the schema myself under the xml tab based on the columns of data the stored proc will return. So far so good. When I try to use the xml dataset in a crystal report designer (using report expert)however I get an error stating that logon failed. I think Crystal is trying to very my schema against the database stored proc. If I can get the crystal report designer only to look at my xml schema I will be able to drop my fields on the report.

Anyone with ideas on how to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back