Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.NET Compact Framework for Mobile Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonio622

Programmer
Jun 10, 2007
US
I have VB.Net 2005 Express Edition(Free Version).

I want to create a Mobile application and I have downloaded the Compact Framework for Mobile Devices and when I open up VB.net and choose to create a new project the Mobile Device template doesnt exist.

Is the omitted from the Express Edition?

Or does anyone have a clue on how to get this into VB.net Express Edition?

For some reason awhile back I remember playing with this in on a different computer with Express Edition

After doing a search on the net, I have found that it is omitted from vb.net 2005 express.

If you can find a version that allows you to start a mobile project, have a look at the references it has added and see if there is a starting class. Then add these to your own app, you may need to change the Inherits line on the forms manually, and add the controls to your toolbox manually as well.

Have you downloaded the SDK for PPC developemet.

Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK

I'm not sure if it works with express or not.

If you can't afford the Visual Studio upgrade you can use SharpDevelop to develop a compact framework project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back