Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.NET Application Placement

Status
Not open for further replies.

bairdt

Technical User
Feb 2, 2004
US
Do you put .NET applications on the same server as your Web Server / Service or is it better to keep them seperate? Can anyone explain how this best works?

Generally they're placed in Intepub/ which iscolates the application to a single area (making it easier to manage security).

If you're setting up a web farm or something, I believe each web server will have its own copy of the app.

bairdt- Do you mean the separation of the ASP.NET pages and their code-behind classes from the core logic of your application?

Chip H.

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first

chiph; yes that's exactly what I mean. Do I basically build a web server for the front end operations and a web service to put all of the coded pages and reference them from my web server? Is that considered "best practice" because it is scalable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back