Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nesting Groups - Security Groups within Distribution Groups 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterlyttle

Technical User
Nov 6, 2006
GB
Hi,

Maybe this isnt the best way of going about this problem however if you can suggest a better way please do. I have sharepoint which I have created various security groups for. However the user wants to be able to mail these security groups... However I dont want to mail enable these groups as they would have to use the name of the Security Group rather than the Distribution Group that they are used to.

So I have put a Security group inside a Distribution Group and associated an email address to the Distribution Group. However the problem is that only sometimes this works for emailing the users, it seems a bit hit and miss.

Anyone have any ideas/views?

Lately, i found out the same problems with nesting groups...

Maybe you can look at Query-based distribution lists... When a mail is sent to a distribution list, the parameters of the query are checked in the Active Directory and the mail is sent correctly...

Regards, Bart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back