Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nested XML ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonB2010

Programmer
Jul 19, 2011
GB
I've been kindly given some XML, that needs to be displayed in Excel.
Now I have only done simple xml before, and this one has me beat.

It seams to have a second xml document nested within one of the nodes wrapped by a CDATA tag.
I have a sneaking feeling that whoever write the application that produces this xml, should have provided us with the facility to read it ! .. but regardless, this is the situation as of today.

Could anyone point me in the right direction to being able to display results in excel ?
Or otherwise extract field data without manually stripping and manipuating the text.

Many Thanks

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<DOWNLOADED-SCRIPT SCRIPTID="blah" OBJECTTYPE="IS">
<SCRIPT-MAIN>
<![CDATA[
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Script ScriptId="blah" StartNode="600001" LastModifiedBy="xxxxxx" BeginDate=.....<truncated for post>
<Node NodeId="600001" TemplateId="Dialogue" X="595" Y="1215" Column="-1" Row="-1" NodeType="template">
<Resource URI="Package_Type" Name="Survey"/>
<NodeDescription Language="en" Text="Package Type?"/>
<NodeDescription Language="cs" Text=""/>
</Node>
<Node ChapterId="1" NodeId="600002" TemplateId="Dialogue" X="5982" Y="2407" Column="-1" Row="-1" NodeType="template">
<Resource URI="Fault_Type?" Name="Survey"/>
<NodeDescription Language="en" Text="Fault Type?"/>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back