Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nested Web Server Controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

koraykazgan

Programmer
Jan 11, 2005
DE
Hi there,

i want to program a web custom control which can contain other custom controls including itself. I want to be able to use drag and drop in the designer and also to use HTML tags to nest the controls on the page.

These controls should be visible at design-time and of course at run-time.

It should be something like the table tag, which can contain other tags such as input buttons etc. and which are drag and drop compatible.

Thanks for your help,
Bye.

I tend not to use the form designer for designing web forms (grew up with notepad and old habits die hard) but as far as I know, and remember I'm not a reliable source, any control that you make into a user control can be added to the design view at design time and will display as you designed it. And you can add other controls to controls in that user control in the design view using drag and drop.

This assumes that your user controls are well built and can be viewd in the designer. If they arn't, and they can't, then it'll freak out.

Now more people will probably post - if not to just tell me how naieve I am :D

Yet another unchecked rambling brought to you by:
Oddball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back