Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nested transactions in ADO

Status
Not open for further replies.

motto

Programmer
May 28, 2000
IN
Hi,<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;We have just moved to VB 6.0 and we are <br>also moving to ADO.Now my question is how<br>to handle Nested transactions.<br><br>That is in my system i will open multi-window. The user can update records in all the Window without closing others.<br><br>If say a user opens Form A inserts a Record, Open another form B deletes a Record and open another Form C and update a Record now the user may choose to commit the Form C and Rollback the Form A and B. How to handle this situation.<br><br>Hope got my question.<br>Please reply asap.<br><br>Thanks in advance<br>Sugi Motto

Your best bet is using the in-built transction method for ADO which are <br><br>.BeginTrans<br>.rollback <br>.Commit<br><br>these can all be accessed from the connection object <br><br><br>hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back