Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nested SubReports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfuser10

Technical User
May 13, 2010
US
Hello,
I have two reports (report1, report2) that each contain a subreport(sub1). The subreport is the same in each report.

I would like to take report1 and report2 and insert them as subreports into a main report. Each report has a different parameter crosstab query as the datasource. The main report would be unbound.

When I run the main report, report1 and report2 show up, but the data in Sub1 on each report does not. The Sub1 is a crosstab that acts as a column heading. Also, when the form pops up for the parameters for the query, I have to hit OK 3 times before it goes away.

My question is, can I have nested subreports? If so, how can I make the data show up on the inner most subreport? Can the innermost subreport be the same on both the report1 and report2?

Hope that makes sense.

I think the issue is probably with the Crosstabs. Have you set the column headings property? Can you share how you expect the dynamic columns/fields to be resolved in the reports?

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

The two separate reports (report1 and report2) each have the same subreport(subreport1) which works when I run them individually. The crosstabs are working. It's when I try to layer them together that things stop working. I do have the column headings set.

Here is what I would like it to look like:

Report1
Department Criteria1
Mth1 Mth2 Mth3 QtrTotal
#Reviewed 10 12 11 33
Dept1 % % % %

Dept2 % % % %

Dept3 % % % %

Report2
Department Criteria2
Mth1 Mth2 Mth3 QtrTotal
#Reviewed 10 12 11 33
Dept1 % % % %

Dept2 % % % %

Dept3 % % % %

The row that I have highlighted in red is the subreport that is in each of the reports. That is in the Page Header of each report. The row in red is the data that is not showing up when I insert report1 and report2 as subreports into a main report.

I moved the subreports in each report to the report header section, but the nested subreport is still not showing.

Scratch that last post. I did get it to work by putting it in the report header section. Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back