Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nested select statements with user input by mouse click 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

handle789

Technical User
Feb 21, 2007
US
Database: Oracle or MS Access 2007. Tables have one-many relationship.

What tool can I use to do this quickly?

1) User clicks on a view or report, which displays rows of the tables on the screen. (a select statement)

2) User then selects one or more rows on the displayed screen with his mouse and clicks. Minimum of one row.

3) Each row selected activates another sql select statement which then displays another set of rows on the screen.

What's the best tool with minimum learning curve? ASP, oracle developer, VB, Java, C++, etc.? Thanks.

Thank you very much! I have two books on Access 2007 and neither talks about the subject of subdatasheet. But I found a nice article here.

Do you have suggestions on some other good articles or books?

Is it feasible to do these?

1) If the user wants to select on three rows with the + signs at the same time (or all rows with the + signs) and have the three associated subdatasheets displayed together sequentially as a single combined subdatasheet, is that feasible with Access 2007?

2) In the example at the URL above, the Primary key in step (5) under Add a SubDatasheet in the Main Master table is a single field. What if the primary key is composed of two or more fields? Is the subdatasheet feature still feasible by selecting one of the two fields, or are there going to be two + signs somehow? Is there a procedure for this? (I am just anticipating ahead, as I am still in the design state of the tables with no real data available yet.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back