Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nested Queries Run Sloooow

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMurf

Technical User
Oct 4, 2001
US
I have nested queries in order to bring in data from several tables. The problem is that I want to use the resulting query as the basis for a subform and this query is slow. Every time I advance the mainform it takes several seconds to update the query at the base of the subform.

My thought was to run a make table query (based on the nested queries) to make a temorary table to base the subform on. This works and the form runs like a gazelle but I cant base the subform on a make table query. I tried to place a command button on the form that would run the make table query (this would by default replace the old table that the subform was using or so I thought) but the make table query wont run because the subform is using the table.

Am I going about this wrong? Is there a way to make the nested query run faster or failing that to make a form that uses a make table query as the basis for a subform?

Any help appreciated.

Garth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back