Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nested measures in PPES - no totals

Status
Not open for further replies.

drlex

Technical User
Jul 3, 2002
GB
Can anyone confirm the following discrepancy between PP Client and PPES?
If I have a report with multiple measures nested under a dimension column(say measures under products in the 'great outdoors' sample cube), then in PPC, I have a total of each of the measures under the dimension total (under 'product' in my example).
If the report is published to Upfront (and the cube available in PPES), then PPES shows the report with a MEASURES column under each category with NA - attempting to sum all measures within each category. It also has a total column 'Product', which is also NA. The 'show summaries' check box only acts to remove/restore these NA columns. I can not get a total of nested measures, and I assume this is just a deficiency of PPES, rather than a bug.
I'm running PPES 7.1.341.2 (june 03), but would be interested to know whether 6.x had the same format.

TIA
lex

Hello Drlex.

I used PPES 6 & 7 and it worked fine with nested measures. However there always seemed to be a problem with them when switching between explorer & reporter in PP. I used to have to do some work in exployer (which I always hated) then convert to reporter.

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back