Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nested Installations

Status
Not open for further replies.

neopk

Technical User
Oct 17, 2003
IN
Hi,

I have an MSI which calls installation of other product which also is an MSI. Everything is working fine except that the second installation does not self heal.( If I remove files of the second product the second MSI does not do self repairing)

also the program in not running in the normal user profile.

Thanks.

In order for "Self-repairing" to work, you need to call it in some way, i.e. with a shortcut or a file association.
Also repairing is on component basis, which means you might not be able to remove any file and have automatic repair it. It need to be called.

On top of what mmv said... Make sure that it is an advertised shortcut. On the other hand, you can create a wisescript that does nothing but is an entry point into the app, and just make sure that it is called everytime. I would also suggest making sure that you put all the components of the nested app in one feature to assis self healing. This may lengthen the time it takes to heal, but at least it will always happen if something goes awry.

===>
kip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back