Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nested If Statement - Session States

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprowler

IS-IT--Management
Sep 30, 2002
GB
Hello,

I am having trouble with a nested if statement that i need to implement within a menu bar. The menu loads items from a databases dependent on whether or not a customer holds a contract for this specific product, if the customer holds the contract then the submenu item is displayed.

My problem is a certain product type needs to be split, although the contracts are of the same type. I would like to load up a further sub menu item if a customer has access to a different particular product.

My code for reading in the menu items is as follows:

for each objItem in session("services")
if objItem.Value = "yes" then
menuText = menuText & "<div class=""navSub""><a href=""show.aspx?show=1&id=" & objItem.Key & "&menu=1"" class=""sub"">" & session("AllServices").Item(objItem.Key) & "</a></div>"
end if

This code checks to see if a member has a contract to a specific product and if it does then it displays the particular submenu so the customer has access to it

I would like to display a further product if a customer has a contract for product 7. So, simplified if the customer has a contract for product 7, also display product 9 within the submenu so the customer may access it.

Would this nested if statement work????

for each objItem in session("services")
if objItem.Value = "yes" then
menuText = menuText & "<div class=""navSub""><a href=""show.aspx?show=1&id=" & objItem.Key & "&menu=1"" class=""sub"">" & session("AllServices").Item(objItem.Key) & "</a></div>"

if session("services").Item(objItem.Key) = "7" then
menuText & "<div class=""navSub""><a href=""show.aspx?show=1&id=9&menu1"" class=""sub"">" EWS "</a></div>"
end if
end if

My knowledge regarding session states is poor, and i would appreciate any help. thank you

Would this nested if statement work????
Won't it be easier if you try it and then post back if it doesn't?

Need help finding an answer?

Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

Its going live to the web. Im not gonna know unless i try, but dont want try it in case its wrong and the menu goes wrong.

So use a development server/pc to test it before it goes live...

Need help finding an answer?

Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back