Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nero not working with N Force2 chipset

Status
Not open for further replies.

zudput

Technical User
Jul 3, 2003
US
I am running a Gigabyte GA-7N400 pro MB. The boot drive is a pair of striped 80gb WD HDDs. My CDRW is master on IDE1. My problem is that Nero wont finish writing to the CDs. In-CD writes fine but Nero wont write the "lead in-lead out" I have tried the newest update to nero 5.5.X.X and have flashed by bios to the newest version. My OS is XP home and all devices are working properly with no conflicts. Should I add a small HDD to IDE 1 as a master and try my CDRW as a slave to it? This one is tough!
Dwight

Have you tried writing at different speeds?

I generally write at 12x for music CDs (Backups!)as I find that most reliable on my Artec CD RW

Anything else I burn at about 24x for data etc

My artec can write upto 52x but im never in a hurry, what I am saying is try different speeds to see if it makes a difference

Also are you using the same brand/batch of discs?, maybe try a different brand of CDR

It's only a longshot but if it don't the experts can look at other possibilities

Make sure Nero is the only burning software installed and disable XP's writing software.

Jim

Thank you for your replies. I have tried 4X up to 24X with no results. Nero is the only recording software in the computer. I believe that it is an incompatability problem with the Nforce IDE driver. I have emailed both Nero and Gigabyte and am waiting for replies. Thanks again for you very good advice.
Dwight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back