Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Neon Glow - Glow Color

Status
Not open for further replies.

damiandan

Programmer
Mar 1, 2006
US
Hello all,

I'm sort of a newbie. I select a vector image, and I'd like to apply a neon glow to it. So I go to Effects/Artistic/Neon Glow. A little dialog pops up with options to change Glow Size and Glow Brightness. The problem is, I don't know how to change the Glow Color. It shows a little blue box, but I don't know how to change that color to another one. Any ideas?

Thanks for the tip, but it still doesn't solve my problem. I got to the point of editing the effect, but the problem is, there's no way I can edit the glow color. Someone in another forum suggested double-clicking on the color box (as was suggested in Illustrator Help), but nothing happens when I do so. Supposedly, a color-picker dialog is supposed to pop up, but absolutely nothing happens. Could this be a bug? (Illustrator CS) Does a color-picker pop up for you guys?

Damian:

Keep following the thread in the other forum. Teri Pettit is an Adobe Illustrator engineer, whatever she comes up with is going to be the best advice you are going to get.

Bert

Wow, Bert, you're absolutely right, she certainly did solve my problem. For anyone else's information, she suggested using Inner Glow; it simply works better. Still didn't figure out why color picker wasn't popping up for Neon Glow (worked fine for Inner Glow), but the point is I can use inner glow to do was I was trying to do in the first place. Thanks for the input, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back