Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Negotiating capabilities...

Status
Not open for further replies.

n00blar

MIS
Aug 19, 2003
US
1.) My Citrix farm has two servers in the same Citrix Zone (same IP Lan 10.1.0.0)

I added a new server to this farm, but the only difference is that this server is located in my DR site (different IP Lan 10.254.0.0), and as such - it shows as a different citrix zone.

The problem comes when I add this server to one of my published applications. The minute I make this new server available to a published application...all new connections (clients) to the citrix farm get this message:

Connection established. Negotiating capabilities.

The message, at the client side, stays on the screen for a few minutes and then it disappears. I've looked a server logs and I don't see any significant information.

I searched the forums and I found a couple of threads that really can't help with my issue, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

I don't think it's a licensing issue because I created a test application (mainly just a desktop) on the new server and I noticed that I can log on (as a regular user) to the new server, but I also noticed that my citrix client (v.8x) crashes frequently.

n00blar,
It does sound like a licensing issue.
Have you looked at the event logs on that new server?

In my past experinces when the client "acts" like that it usually tends to be a licensing issue.
I would go to the new Citrix server and add the parameters for your TSLicense server in the registry.

Since the server is in a different subnet it might be a good idea to input that TSLicense server information.

Hope that helps.

Nods head. Install the terminal server licensing manager software onto your citrix server and make sure it can talk to your license server.

[blue] A perspective from the other side!![/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back