Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Needing to verify RAM remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.

pattere

Technical User
Nov 2, 2005
US
Hello.

I am in the process of upgrading RAM in several machines we have, that are from 2-3 years old. My purchasing agent wants me to verify the type of ram each machine has in them. I know how to access the machines remotely to verify the total RAM. Does anyone know of a small application, or script that will allow me to verify the type of RAM, remotely? Thanks.

Thanks PurdueTNT.

Do you know how to make it connect to remote PCs, or is that a possibility? Iv'e been playing around with it, and it does give me the information I need, but I can't find a way to view remote machines.

Aida32 is now Everest Home. depending on how you connect you can run the extracted file from any source.

How are you remoting into them? You might just have to do a file transfer or download the program at the remote site.

I have tried using pstools, from Systernals, to run the application on the remote systems (using psexec). I think I may have to use the admin share and place the files on the systems, then try running psexec. When trying to run it with the files from my system it says it can't locate them. Let me know if you have another idea.

Thanks, again.

Well, no luck copying the files over to the other systems. I still get a message that aida32.exe cannot be found. I'll have to look for another solution.

It fails even if you download the app on the local machine?

What I did was copy the needed files to the system32 directory, sinc there isn't an install.

I think that psexec is designed to run with certain files, and cannot see the application, even though it is in the same directory as the regular command line tools it runs, e.g. ipconfig, etc.

I am still searching for a tool to get the job done. My conterpart, in another office, had a part-timer that had a utility to do this, but once he left they re-built his PC and he doesn't remember what it was called or where he got it from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back