Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Needing new emplyee to see old employees emails, Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pharback

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2004
US
I have an employee that left the company, (saleperson), he was replaced by another. I know there's a way to foward or allow the new salesperson to get the email being sent to the old employee. Could anybody please give me directions on how I may be able to do this.

Thanks,
Pharback

I would rename the old account, and reassign it to the new person.

This won't work well with your old sales rep and the forwarding you set up previously.

You could open Outlook and assign full permissions to the new person on all of the departed's folders.

Right click the properties of the old employee username in Active Directory and click on Exchange General -> Delivery options -> Forward -> select the employee to whom you want the emails to be forwarded to.

Thanks
KT

under old user Profile Properties
Exchange Advanced Tab
Mailbox Rights button
-add your new_user@domain.com
now, new user has the rights to see those old emails stored in *mailbox

in addition
under old User Profile
Exchange General tab
Delivery Options button
forward: to new_user@domain.com

* if user has stored emails into their PST file then you would have to do Import from your client of choice.

All the best!

:--------------------------------------------------------------------------:
fugitive.gif

All around in my home town,
They tryin' to track me down...

rliebsch you said "This won't work well with your old sales rep and the forwarding you set up previously."

My last issue/thread was for a different person.

Thanks for your concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back