Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Needed: Compaq Armada 110; same power jack/input/reqs as EVO n110?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wahnula

Technical User
Jun 26, 2005
US
Hello all,

Post-Xmas shopping for belated gifts, my sister has a:
Compaq Armada 110 0F01
System Serial Number: 6D19JMVxxNx
That I bought her several years ago and every year I buy her something else for it. This year she wants a new power brick but I am very impressed by the Valence N-charge:

but its compatibility chart shows the Armada 110 excluded:

although the EVO n110 is included. I was under the impression that the Armada and EVO use the same adapter brick and have the same physical dimensions and power reqs.

Below is a picture of the tip:

What I am asking for is anyone with knowledge of the older Compaq laptops to come forward and make a recommendation on whether or not the EVO n110 charger would be the same. Valence claims if it's not on their list, it's not supported. HP/Compaq have included them together in their description:

My guess is that Valence did not test w/ Armada 110 as they could not get one and/or did not bother, as they are quite old. I know this forum has laptop techs from the 286 days, but I will value anyone's input on this issue.

Thanks!

Tony

Anyone? I have already purchased the N-charge, now I need to select/cannibalize a tip!

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back