Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need wide area paging for small medical office

Status
Not open for further replies.

rj2046

Programmer
Dec 15, 2004
US
This was posted once in the wireless forum. I would have asked a mod to move it but i couldn't find a link. thanks

Our office is old fashioned. The doctors carry beepers to be paged in an emergency. They like the feature where the caller can page by pressing a key after hearing the VM greeting.

We have typical phone service. The phone number is unmanned, and never answered. It does not even need to reach this office. Our phone service provider forwards all calls to another provider of 4 mailboxes of VM who can do the paging. Each mailbox greeting will prompt the user to press a key in case of an emergency, and there are 4 seperate beepers for 4 different users who are not on-site.

We are exploring alternatives to replace the provider of the VM and beeper paging.

Our own phone service provides a cheap VM which we have not used yet, instead we've used this other company who we're trying to replace.

Avaya can do a lot of things you wan't, but then you'll need a new PBX, what typ of PBX do you have a the moment?

Avaya_Red.gif

We don't have a PBX. Our phone company is ONE Comm,
( formerly conversent ). They forward our phone number to Intelliverse who then does the Voicemail and paging.

What would you suggest for an entry level PBX and how much would it cost?

Thanks, Ray

What is you locale, an Avaya could be a very good option.

Have a look here;

Just contact them and they will transfer you to a local dealer.

If you're dutch then come back here.

You can also have a look on and serch for healthcare.

Greetzzz...Bas

Avaya_Red.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back