Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need way to control report line spacing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

elevator

Programmer
Apr 23, 2002
US
I have a report with double spacing but would rather
have it without any blank lines. How does one control this?
Using Paradox 10

faskjfaskfj
ksdjf;askjf required results
jsdkjas;

asdkjf;asdk not this

sdlfkja;sjkf

sdjfa;skj

Elevator,

In my experience, extra space in reports comes from two things:

1. Field objects are taller than they need to be. After defining field objects, I generally drag their bottom border as close to the top border as possible. This way, they'll expand as needed, but not waste space that's not needed.

2. Bands have too much white space. I usually handle this by making sure that all bands that do not contain objects are dragged as close to the neighboring band as possible.

I do leave a little white space in the footers of group bands, but that one a case by case basis.

Also, you might check the out the Shrinkable, Delete When Empty, and Line Squeeze (text objects only) properties of the various objects on your reports.

(Also, remember that you can place field objects inside of text objects in order to get access to line squeeze, field squeeze, and Widow/Orphan Control properties.

Hope this helps...

-- Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back