Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need VM Pro License ASAP for weekend 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

linhawaii

Technical User
Apr 30, 2001
US
I had an install from hell yesterday and am now noticing today, Saturday, that I do not have license for VM Pro and every few hours the calls can't come into the switch.

I reboot and the AA starts working, but I know that it will stop after a certain amount of time.

What can I do to keep the system up for the weekend with AA???

Reconfigure so that they don't route through VM Pro, you can't do anything to stop it locking every 2 hrs or they wouldn't sell any licences. If you are using VM for timings you can also do that in the system. It's the only way I'm afraid short of rebooting the PC every two hours.

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Thanks....I will have to let the customer know. Bummer

Could I route the calls to the front desk extension and have the bailout for 0 be the AA? Or will it stop working every two hours regardless?

Make a copy of the existing .cfg file in the Manager folder to the desktop before you make the changes, that way when it comes to adding the licence you can open that .cfg offline add the licence and then send it to the system and it will both add the licence and restore existing programming in one go.

Everything VM related falls out every two hours no matter what you do!!

you could set a scheduled task to stop and start the vmpro services every hour.

But any call in the flow will get cut off and all calls will fail for 30 secs or so, it can lock up when you do this too and not start again and it's also a very good way to corrupt your VM installation. Try it but a reprogramme is much safer.

Can you tell me how to do that...I would REALLY appreciate it. I really don't want to spend the weekend logged into their Vmail server and keep doing it manually....

Found Scheduled tasks and the services names. Thanks for hint.

Create a text file called vmservice or something.

add the lines

net stop voicemailproserver
net start voicemailproserver

rename the text file to vmservice.bat

go to accessories on the pc/server and created a new scheduled task, point it to the vmservice.bat file and schedule it for every hour. you may also need to add the other voicemail service, can,t remember. you can see the two services by openimg the services from , Start, Run, and type, Services.msc

As amriddle01 says it will stop vmpro from working for about 30 seconds every hour. It never ruined my config when i used it to get me out of a jam. But these guys here are pros, and i am a chancer.

good luck

Thanks for the instructions....you are my hero for the day!!

Don't forget the quotation marks.

net stop "voicemailproserver"
net start "voicemailproserver"

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful"
"The lack of money is the root of all evil" [machinegun] [flip]

Also use the proper spaces - or it won't work.

NET STOP "Voicemail Pro Server"
NET START "Voicemail Pro Server"

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

take this template create a batch file and run it

@echo off

:Line12345

CLS

REM - File: Restart_Vm_Pro

REM - File to restart the VmPro Service

REM - Author Joe W

net stop "VoicemailProServer"

echo get ready to start it again

net start "VoicemailProServer"

echo all done now give it a minute to synchronize up

echo hopefully it is all done
echo now it will wait for 1 hour and 50 minutes to restart

REM for the sleep command to work you need to install the
REM server 2003 resource kit tools
REM REM install the download and extract to the folder
REM "C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\"

sleep 6600

REM C:\>sleep /?
REM Usage: sleep time-to-sleep-in-seconds
REM sleep [-m] time-to-sleep-in-milliseconds
REM sleep [-c] commited-memory ratio (1%-100%)

goto Line12345

this is proven to work if you have the windows 2003 server so you can run the sleep command that is not by default in XP otherwise download the tools from the included link, this runs my VM Pro at home for the last 4 months or so.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back