Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need urgent help reg. User ids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

panku

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2001
IN
Hi All,

I am lotus notes user in PVT LTD company.one of my friend has deleted his id file and even administrator doesn't have the same.
IS it possible to recreate that id ????

Pls give my an urgent reply...

Thanks,

Pankaj

as long as you have the certifier that created the ID in the first place then yes. You can just create a new ID with the same details as the old one. The only problem is if your friend had any encrypted mail in his mailbox he wont be able to read it. He will be able to read all new encrypted mail though.

can u tell me this in detail..

Regards,

Pankaj

Which details do you want ? To create a user.id you need to be an administrator of your notes domain. All you need to do is create a new user.id with the same details as the person has set up before. Making sure not to overwrite there mailbox when you create the new one. Once the new user.id is created because it will have the same details (ie user name) as the old one they should be able to do everything they could before

Thanx Jackdaw my problen has sloved ..

thanx again.

Pankaj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back