Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need urgent help -Documents in database were deleted but not archived

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaha84

Technical User
Oct 29, 2007
FR

Hi,

I am an IT professional, beginner with lotus notes. I do not speak english very well, please excuse me for this.

I think i just did a big big and stupid mistake in lotus notes. I was trying to archive documents from an archive (Let's say archive A) to another (Archive B)...

So I set parameters for archiving :
- Dest. database : Archive B nsf file
- I checked the option to COPY and then delete the documents.
- I asked to archive all docs. wich were not modified after 0 days (so all documents).

Then I launched the archiving, but all the documents were delete without having been archived (16837 docs) !
the good point is that the database size is still around 3 GB. so the data is stored somewhere.

This is not on my computer but it's the one of a very important people where I am working... Please help me, i don't want loos my job.

Many thanks,
Yann

Euh, did you manage ?

At first glance, I'd say you needed to recover from backup, unless the db had Soft Deletions enabled.

For the rest, you need to know that db size in Notes does not equate to data availability. When a doc is deleted in a Notes db, it is not recoverable.

The only way to get it back is either use Soft Deletions (but that had to be enabled before deleting), or via a backup.

The db will still report the same size until a Compress is run on it.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back