Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Trick to Enable Car. Remote Controller Remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHTROUT

IS-IT--Management
Nov 25, 2005
US
I have a Carrier RPE site I physically cannot get to. Option81C Loop 24 is Carrier Remote (Controller 14). There is also Loop 52 in the same column at this remote site. 52 is fine, 24 is not.

I get these messages continuously

XMI000 24 : RSIG link lost on Port #0 - Reinitialized

When I do a LD32 XPEC 14...
.xpec 14

SEG = 024 024 024 024
LOC = CC
STATUS = DISABLED

When I try this...
.ENXP XPC 14

NPR327 No response from the Network Card. Retry the command several times. If the problem persists, check the Network Card and associated cabling.

I even have a script repeating the command, but so far - none of the units on the shelf will come up.

Doing a LD32 IDC on the down loop, I get this

.idc 24
LCI VERS => 002
RUNNING FROM RAM
FW IS SANE
LCI NNTM84008YY4 NT7R51AE 01

Doing a LD32 IDC on the working loop, I get this
.idc 52
LCI VERS => 002
RUNNING FROM RAM
FW IS SANE
LCI NNTMTS1000VG NT7R51AE 01
XPEC VERS=> 040
RUNNING FROM RAM
FW IS SANE
CRI NNTM18328VT7 NT7R52AD 01

Anyone have some additional experience that might "kick" this controller into gear?

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

I DON'T BUT MAYBE 911GURU DOES

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

You might try
.enxp 14 40

That may cause a forced download of the PSWV 40. I think it causes the XPEC to do a more complete reset.
Can't hurt anyway.

I have also found that reseating the network loop card will get an XPEC going.

Thank you. I was able to visit both sites today. Starting at the remote site, nothing would bring it up.

Then visiting the main site, I found that all the screws for all the cables on the local-end carrier cards (essentially the network cards) were backed out. One of the cables was completely off (duh).

Reseating the card and putting in all the screws resolved it.

For months, that site has had XMI messages relating to those RPE loops - now I thing I know why.

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back