Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to update table in database with other tables from another databa

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctorlee

IS-IT--Management
Mar 15, 2001
US
I have created a database for a customer whom sells cellphones. This customer has 5 different locations where the phones are sold. He wants to be able to leave a laptop at each of the locations and at the end of the day, take the information from that day and update the master table that he has. I know I will have to do an Update Query but how do I tell the "Update To" field to do this.

Example= Master database table is Customers
Other tables are Customer1
Customer2
Customer3
Customer4
Customer5
All have the same field names as Master database table "Customer"

Your best bet would be replication. This will allow automatic synchronization of the master and it's replicas. You can find more about it under Help.

Thanks I'm going to try it out this weekend. I'll let you know how it worked.

Hi,

I am just starting to get into MA, however, I still have some questions that need answering.

1: I recently added an imported table (of new concert attendees) to our database. I need to run an Update Query to get the other information that was not provided by the outside source( a theatre , but is in our database. How do I run a query where I can get these new people's Salutations, date entered, mailing lists, even attendees, etc.

I would love some help. Thank you..

First, next time please make this a new thread instead of tagging onto an older one. Your question is similar, but it makes the threads longer, which take more time to download.

Second, if you could please give us some descriptions of your two tables, we could help you out faster. Also, is there some identifier in each of these tables that you are going to use to match these records for the update? Or are you really just trying to append these new records to your table.

The more information you give, the better answer you will get back... Terry M. Hoey
th3856@txmail.sbc.com
While I don't mind e-mail messages, please post all questions in these forums for the benefit of all members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back