Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to store and view all email inboud and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikestik

IS-IT--Management
Jan 28, 2003
US
I have an exchange 2k3 server that runs on windows 2k3.
We need to start monitoring user's email, both inbound an out. Already we are currently using the exchange archive feature to the capture all the messages, however ths has become way too cumbersome and needs to be managed everyday.

I did create a seperate store so that I didn't have to worry about the priv.edb getting to large but the archive.edb is huge and growing.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to a way or an application that I can use to perform this and that would allow me to search the emails by keyword/sender/etc.

Thank you

Hi,

Your best bet is going to be invest in an email storage solution.

We use KVS which is now a Veritas product. It takes all the emails from the archive mailbox and puts them into SQL fully indexed.

Works very well but you are always going to have a massive archive, at least it's not still in the exchange datbases though. It also preserves all the header info and is a legal requirement for us.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Chris

Chris Styles

NT4/2000 MCSE

Actually what I found is that GFI makes a great product called Mail Archiver....it uses a SQL database and collets all data within the agency. I appreciate your input but the Veritas solution is a bit pricy for our needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back