Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to stop using ODBC and get data locally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurelleee

IS-IT--Management
Aug 5, 2008
US
I am looking for instructions on how to break the ODBC connection to the backend SQL Server 2000 db and import the data into the local .mdb file so that the user does not connect to the backend at all. I am a PM on a project to decom these databases and am not a programmer, I have some light Access experience but I have no idea how to help this guy out! The app isn't supported by our IT, so he is on his own to figure this out so that we can decommission the SQL database.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Probably the easiest way is to run a make table query using each of the linked tables. Once the new tables are created, deleting the linked table should remove the connection. 'He' will need to be careful, deleting a linked table only deletes the link, whereas deleting a table is permanent.

Or right-click on the database window, and click on "import data" and use the wizard.

"Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back