Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to stop emails being automatically purged

Status
Not open for further replies.

999Dom999

Technical User
Apr 25, 2002
GB
Have had a long problem with one user, her emails get automatically deleted before a certain date. Currently somewhere its set to 2nd of march this year, so she has lost all her emails before which is quite devasting, we have had this problem for over a year and made various backups because of this but still a lot is lost.

At first I thought it was user error but then I opened one of her backup and go this message:

The replication cut off date indicates that documents before 02/03/06 should be purged from the database would you like to do this now, yes/no

I have been through all the settings and can't find any replication cut off settings. No replication has ever been set up.

Any ideas? [pipe]

I gues first off, make sure you check the template that user is on. The user may be on a different template from most everyone else, and the template may have the purge coded into it.

Thanks Primis, in the end I had another go looking through all the settings and found under Database properties - Replication settings - Space savers, there was a tick in Remove documents not modified in the last 90 days.

I didn't even know there was this setting so not sure how this got switched on. Anyway this seems to match what was happening so fingers crossed no more problems [pipe]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back