Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to setup accounts that go blindly into admin account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien111

IS-IT--Management
Nov 29, 2002
US
I'm new at Exchange so please bear with me. My boss strongly suspects that there are some things going on that he needs to know about. How do I setup the user accounts so that all of their mail goes to his account (as well as their own) blindly so they don't know he's reading their mail I want them to get their mail, but I want him to get it as well without them knowing.

Thanks

Jeff, MCP

First of all watch it. Depending where you depends whether this is legal or not and what the users are and are not aware of.

Goto into the Properties of The suspect mailbox, delivery options, Alternative Recipient - Add YourBoss - Check Deliver to both.

This is probably the easiest way to do it.

Iain

P.S. Someone will correct me in 3 - 2- 1 -

It's legal. All empployees signed an email waiver when hired. All email is suspect to inspection, although they've never done it. Do I do this on the server or on the individual pc's with the accounts? There is no way they can tell, correct?

Jeff, MCP

It's done from on the server.

No theres no way for anyone to know (but they will find out sooner or later). Just make sure that you deliver to both recipients.

Iain

P.S. Let us know any juicey gossip! [LOL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back