Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to set hunt group out of service on a schedule each day - one time command

Status
Not open for further replies.

broody81

Vendor
Jan 18, 2006
US
Hi all,

I have a site where we have built short codes for

101 set hunt group out of service tel no: 250
102 clear hunt group out of service tel no: 250

Works fine if you dial it.

What I need is for VMPro or something time based to put the hunt group out of service on its own each night at 5PM. I need it to just do it once, because sometimes, a person will come back in for an hour or two later and can manually put it back in service with the short code.

So I just need a one time hit at 5PM, I don't want it executed for each call at the start point or transfer action.

Is there a way to build a condition using the weekly planner, mon-fri 5PM start time name it "5PM Set250 Out" (I know how to do all of this), BUT then just have it dial 101 without a call being involved? If a stop time is required, I can do that too with 102, but need to know how as well.

So in other words, take the condition box and draw a line from it to what???? Something that dials 101 ??? without a caller involved.

This has to be so easy I am over thinking it!

Thanks

Brody, you are overthinking it, like putting on a spacesuit for picking up the newspaper [smile]

You don't even have to involve VMPro in your scheduling:

- On the IPO make a time profile "DAY" -> Reoccurring... -> Mon-Fri 08:00 - 17:00.
- Create a Hunt Group "Night" and give it a number <XXX>. Record night message, etc.
- Create a Hunt Group "Overtime" and give it a number <YYY>.
- On your Hunt Group "Main" number <ZZZ> -> Fallback -> Time Profile "DAY", Night Service "Night", Out of Service "Overtime".
- Put the same users in both Main and Overtime
- Create short codes to activate/deactivate "Main" Out of Service / or if you have buttons available on the phone, make a toggle function for Out of Service.

In case they forget to deactivate Out of Service, it will stay open for ever, but that's better that staying closed.

If you wish to avoid the above, you could involve VMPro, making a "Queued" module on Overtime which kicks in after lets say 4-5 minutes, a generic action sets "Main" in night service and plays a message "out of hours, blah, blah", then GOTO a module that hangs up the call (Hang up doesn't work in announcement).

oh...and having short codes 101, 102 could become a problem.
I'd recommend a * in front of the code.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back