Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to set arraycommpath and failovermode for FC4500

Status
Not open for further replies.

squiddog

IS-IT--Management
Apr 15, 2005
US
According to the docs, I can use Powerpath with an FC4500 if I set the array commpath and failovermodes appropriately.

My FC4500 will NOT take the settings. It refuses to set either. I have poked around the FCLI, with no obvious toggles. I have used NAVICLI and it returns an error (unsupported by the array or something similar). I have tried Navisphere 5.3 and 6.0x and neither one allows it, although I can control every other aspect of the FC4500

With the same client, I was able to set up those settings for an FC4700, so I know the tools and the host are working.

My FC4500 is running Acess Logix FLARE 6.32.01, PROM 2.08.00, and reports itself as an FC4400 (I believe that is correct for the boards).

Any ideas?

hello can you tell me which are the requirements for powerpath with an emc fc4500. do i need acess logix flare? thx kewitz

I'm not certain.

EMC documentation ~clearly~ shows that Powerpath (newer versions) works with the FC4500, but then again, I've found at least one doc that says that it isn't supported.

My findings (with Access Logix enabled FLARE code) are that it doesn't work. PowerPath doesn't see it. This is due to my inability to set the right failover mode and array commpath settings.

Powerpath requires that Array Commpath be enabled. Without that, you won't get PP to work with it, period.

I don't run my FC4500 any more. I might sell it on ebay soon.

--
Bill Plein
a.k.a. squiddog
Contact me at

Per the ' Powerpath Installation Roadmap for CX-Series and FC4500... you need 6.32.17 flare (or higher) and Navi 6.1.

I'm not sure, but you may be able to use the older ATF product if you can get your hands on it.. ATF (Application Transparent Failover).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back