Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need to send all incoming calls to an operator

Status
Not open for further replies.

coastiemike

Technical User
Nov 18, 2008
US
im new to callmanager, but have nortel experiance. not to sure how to set this up for callmanager 3.3 all our incoming calls do not terminate to an end point they are getting lost in the system. any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

check with the dial-peers in the gateway, whether incoming-called-number is configured

What time of gateway do you have?

MGCP IOS
MGCP Cat OS 6608 blade

or

H323 Gateway

The gateway is where your PSTN circuits will terminate.

Stay cool; it’s not over yet!

my PSTN circuits come from sattelite to a T1 channel bank then goes to a 6608 blade. I see channel bank sending to the Cisco but from there I am not sure where it is getting lost inside the Cisco. All outgoing communications work fine though.

a 6608 blade is mgcp controlled and therefore all the configuration is within the call manager itself.
You need to look into your gateway and see how it is configured. Also look into tranlation patterns if your incoming digits from the PSTN do not match your internal DN's.
I suggest you go to cco and get the admin guide for your call manager version and start reading it. It will help you out.
By the way call manager 3.3 and the 6608 blade have been end of support for quite some time now. You are working with some old software/hardware there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back